Summit Day 1 (June 5, 2008)
SUMMIT DAY 1 MATERIALS
- Energy: Meeting the Demand (Jan Lauer)
- Workforce Needs in the Energy Industry in West Virginia and Southwestern PA (Silvio Baretta)
- CONSOL Energy (Mark Hrutkay)
- Energize WV (Mary Beth Stanton)
- Hamill Manufacturing Company (Jeff Kelly)
- Workforce Challenges at Ellwood Group, Inc. (Pam Vass)
- Florida Energy Workforce Consortium (Andra Cornelius)
- Input Form Responses
The 3 Rivers Clean Energy Partnership hosted an Energy Industry Workforce Summit on June 5 for the purpose of creating an action plan for southwestern Pennsylvania and West Virginia to support the ability of regional energy industry businesses and their suppliers to attract, develop, and retain the skilled workers they need now and will need in the future.
The Energy Industry Workforce Summit provided an opportunity for regional leaders to identify and prioritize concerns about workforce issues and to develop an action agenda for educational institutions and elected officials.
The summit featured:
- A new report that explores the gap between what businesses need and the skills and number of workers in the training and education pipeline
- Speakers from industry talking how they are meeting their workforce challenges
- Leaders from highly successful energy industry workforce development programs across the country
- An opportunity to hear about successful workforce programs from across Pennsylvania
The Summit Proceedings captures the major themes and recommendations. Attachment A summarizes research conducted for the Summit on workforce needs in the region. Attachment B contains an inventory of training providers to the energy industry. Attachment C contains the results of the Employer Survey conducted for the Summit.
Comments? Suggestions for changes or additions?
>>Send an email to Comments@3RiversCleanEnergy.com
©2008 3 Rivers Clean Energy, Center for Competitive Workforce Development. All rights reserved.